Log Innoculation at Black Oak's Mushroom Workshop
Mushroom Workshop at with the Egans at Black Oak
We promote good, clean, fair food in Central Illinois.
- Good: For Slow Food, the idea of good means enjoying delicious food created with care from healthy plants and animals.
- Clean: Clean food is nutritious food that is as good for the planet as it is for our bodies.
- Fair: Food that is fair should be accessible to all, regardless of income, and produced by people who are treated with dignity and justly compensated for their labor.
Slow Food helps people rediscover the joys of eating and understanding the importance of caring where food comes from, who makes it, and how it is made.
- Farm to Table Dinners
- Community Gardening Support
- Farm Tours
- Special Workshops
- Snail of Approval Awards
Slow Food believes we should combine the enjoyment of excellent food with efforts to save traditional grains, vegetables, fruits, animal breeds and food products threatened by the prevalence of convenience food and industrial agribusiness.
- Ark of Taste
- Seed Summit
Slow Food believes that through the promotion of pure food that is local, seasonal, and organically grown, we can recognize the interdependence of people with one another and with our environment. Ultimately, we can cultivate and reinvigorate a sense of community and place.
- Monthly Community Events
- Annual Film Festival
- Support for Local Organizations